Civilization V Tutorial Analysis
Civilization V Tutorial- PC
+ In-game tutorial let’s you understand what steps you should take and have a quick start in the game.
+ Helps getting started and to know what moves to do next
+ Comes in form of advice from counselors which it’s more believable instead of just pointing out what you have to do with information.
+ The tutorial isn’t rushed, when new options open, it quickly guides through it without taking too long, because players want… to play.
– It contains too much text; it should be more interactive instead of having to read everything.
– Clearly lacking information: It has so much text in some parts of the tutorial but then it’s clearly lacking menu exploration and explanation of options, I think a nice interactive video or “guidance” would explain the player in a easier way.
– No explanation at all about some features of the game and options available.
– Not very concise and precise, lacks some assertiveness.
- Feels as if the creators believed that everyone would already know how to play the game, explanations should always be give, or at least an option to skip tutorial for experienced Civ players, on the other hand, newcomers should have all the explanations about the features
- This tutorial is done in a clever way, by the advisors, but the fact that you have to do, or tend to do exactly what they tell you at the beginning, it may affect your strategy in the long run
- The tutorial is lacking in regards to the game, it’s a great, complex strategy game, and for those kind of games a more deep introduction should be given, especially for newcomers: i.e. strategy tips, military options, democratic options and so forth.
- Some video implementation with examples could have relieved the text weight on it.
o A special tutorial level at the beginning of the “adventure” to introduce newcomers, this could be skipped by more experienced players so that they don’t lose time if they don’t want to.
o Nice vocal integration into the tutorial, and avoid those deep mythical voices. A Morgan Freeman style narration would be perfect…
o A feature that would guide your mouse through the menus and options of the game with interactive clicks and choices.
o A correction should be made so that you aren’t forced to take the steps that the game indicates because they can have an impact on your strategy or style of play.